Starting Over

***Here we are, starting a new week. I had a great weekend, though not terribly productive business-wise. Went to Columbus on Saturday to go to the new IKEA store with my daughter and her husband. Had a great visit with them. I like IKEA, they have some very nice things and their prices are reasonable. Yesterday we had a belated birthday celebration for me with Mark's family. Always nice to get together with them. That didn't leave much time for working, but I've been hard at it since about 4:00 this morning trying to make up for lost time.

***The NFL is worried about empty stadiums. Good. They're certainly not empty, but they also aren't selling out, not even close. That's what happens when a bunch of spoiled, pampered athletes disrespect the very country and system that allows them their luxuries.

***Left balks as Sessions returns DOJ to rule of law. 

President Trump may be disillusioned with Jeff Sessions, but the Attorney General is doing an outstanding job. Perhaps his most significant accomplishment is returning the DOJ to the rule of law by reinstituting guidelines that require prosecutors to charge the most serious offenses and ask for the lengthiest prison sentences.

What is it about the rule of law that the Left can't stand? An example:

Congress has prescribed a minimum ten-year sentence for the offense of distributing at least five kilograms of cocaine (see section 841(b)(1)(A)(ii) of the federal narcotics laws). Let’s say a prosecutor is presented with solid evidence that a defendant sold seven kilograms of cocaine. The crime is readily provable.
Nevertheless, the prosecutor follows the Obama deviation from traditional Justice Department policy, charging a much less serious offense: a distribution that does not specify an amount of cocaine — as if we were talking about a one-vial street sale. The purpose of this sleight of hand is to evade the controlling statute’s ten-year sentence, inviting the judge to impose little or no jail time.
That is not prosecutorial discretion. It is the prosecutor substituting his own judgment for Congress’s regarding the gravity of the offense. In effect, the prosecutor is decreeing law, not enforcing what is on the books. . . .

Glad he's doing something about this.

***James delivered one of those "just what I needed to hear" sermons yesterday about our citizenship in heaven and what that means. I constantly (and certainly not always effectively) have to fight the impulse to get too caught up in what is going on in the world. It is hard not to be outraged at what some people are trying to do to our country, hard not to worry about how my business is doing, how much I weigh (gulp), how our investments are doing, etc. While of course we need to care about that stuff, it shouldn't be our main focus. I need to remember that I already have a home in heaven, and all this stuff I get worked up about just isn't going to matter once I get there. James reiterated that we need to focus on living a life that glorifies God and brings encouragement to others. Man, I fail at that so often. I say and do things that I regret, thinking to myself, "Yeah, dummy, real good witness there." I really do want to encourage others and lead the lost to the same joy and peace that I've found since my salvation. All I can say is thank God for His grace, because I certainly do my share of failing.

***
whoops chipmunk prayer - 8288118016


***
COWABUNGA, DUDE!


***“If we don't fight for what we 'stand for' with our passionate words and honest actions, do we really 'stand' for anything?”
Tiffany Madison, Black and White

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good News

Bullying/Free Speech

Christmas Stuff!