Fizzle!

***Well, okay, Irma didn't exactly fizzle, but she sure didn't cause as much devastation as predicted. Very thankful for that as I have good friends down there! I'd be thankful even if I didn't, though. :-)

***


I was loathe to let summer go, but with the cooler weather we're having in Indiana I'm really ready for fall now! It's my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the decorations, the weather, everything. I try to hold off until mid- to late September to put my decorations out, because they're up until Thanksgiving. That's a long time! I'm a "no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving" girl.

***Well that's weird. This woman found her engagement ring after 13 years in her garden. A carrot had grown through it.

An 84-year-old found her lost engagement ring - which had been missing for 13 years - with a carrot growing through it Credit: Sarah Kraus, Global News


***13 kids movies you won't mind watching again and again. 

***The gutless Mr. Franken.

Here is a prime example of what I mean when I say that we have some of the most integrity challenged, awful people in positions of power who do not deserve to be there. Sen. Al Franken is one of the most dishonest members of the Senate. He got there via voter fraud, and he has been a fraud ever since.

***I had never had surgery, and I was nervous. “This is a very simple, noninvasive procedure,” the anesthesiologist reassured me. I felt better, until … “Heck,” he continued, “you have 
a better chance of dying from the 
anesthesia than the surgery itself.”

***Inspiring stories:

Leaving a store, I returned to my car only to find that I’d locked my keys and cell phone inside. A teenager riding his bike saw me kick a tire and say a few choice words. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
I explained my situation. “But even if I could call my wife,” I said, “she can’t bring me her car key, since this is our only car.” He handed me his cell phone. “Call your wife and tell her I’m coming to get her key.”
“That’s seven miles round trip.”
“Don’t worry about it.”
An hour later, he returned with the key. I offered him some money, but he refused. “Let’s just say I needed the exercise,” he said. Then, like a cowboy in the movies, he rode off into the sunset.

More here.

***
"I'm sorry, if you were right I'd agree with you." -- Robin Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good News

Bullying/Free Speech

Christmas Stuff!