Perspective

***I really wish I could just not care about politics sometimes. I have anxiety, lose sleep, and get really angry over it sometimes, like now, when the Democrats are trying to steal a couple of close elections. Ever notice that when they happen to find a few hundred thousand votes in a close contest, they always, ALWAYS, benefit the Democrat? Plus, they never find a bunch of votes in a contest that was not close. Amazing, right? The Left is doing its level best to chip away at the foundations of this country. Our voting rights and the sanctity of our elections is so important, and we need to be able to trust in the system. Meddling like this is unforgivable, and I again wonder why so many good people vote Democrat. I will contact the officials in Broward County and the election officials in Georgia, that's all I can do. I keep telling myself that it's really silly to worry so much over something I have no control over, and that in eternity this election won't matter a bit. Doesn't always work, though.

***James has been doing a great series of sermons in the books of 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John...books I must admit I haven't done much study in. I love his expository, teaching style of preaching and I always get something positive out of his sermons. During the sermons I keep thinking, I'm gonna blog about this as soon as I get home...then something comes up and I lose my train of thought...then I get busy with transcription and at the store, and when I finally do decide to sit down and blog about what I've learned (sometimes a week later) my mind goes blank. It's really irritating!! Oh, to be OCD about some things. Several weeks ago he preached about something very timely, saying that loving our neighbors, as of course we're supposed to do, does not mean blindly accepting everything they do as "okay." That should be a no-brainer, but I don't know how many times that particular scripture has been brought up to me regarding something like gay marriage, abortion, etc. Speaking out against something that is blatantly against God's Word is not the same as hating the people doing it. We all sin, and we as Christians get that. If we know someone who is gay of course we shouldn't trash him or her personally, but we are called to come alongside and try to help our brothers & sisters who are sinning, just as we would want someone to remind us when we're stepping out of line. Big, big difference.

***

Image result for animal memes

***Gotta wrap this up - Brooklyn's birthday party is today! Have a terrific Sunday!

***"Voting is completely important. People in America think democracy is a given. I think of it as an ecosystem, and what gets in the way of it is politicians and apathy."
--Henry Rollins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

Jumping on the Low Carb Bandwagon