Blogging Comeback?

***Yeah, I know...how many times have you seen me type that? I can't believe it has been going on a month since I last blogged. I've been very busy with the store (Halo Handmade Inc.)  Plus, I got a couple of new transcription clients, so that reduces my downtime drastically! I do a lot of my work at the store during the slow periods. Things are picking up a bit at Halo, people are figuring out we're there and that we're not a secondhand store. We're having fun with it.

***Still having an ongoing struggle staying out of political arguments on Facebook. I am doing MUCH better, but still, sometimes I cannot resist popping off when I see something I think is really ludicrous. The last remark I couldn't stay away from was a woman claiming that conservatives aren't Christian. I'd never make the blanket statement that liberals can't be Christian, though there are a lot of things the Democrats do and things such as abortion that are a part of their platform that in my opinion are diametrically opposed to Biblical teaching...but to claim that I know another person's heart, especially when I don't even know them? No, I'd never do that. Of course, when you respond one thing leads to another, and it's pretty pointless to try to change each other's mind. I've learned to just stop, believe it or not. <g> Now, I have to continue to work on not getting started in the first place. :-) I want to be a light for God, not go around making people mad at me.

<sigh> It ain't easy bein' me...

***Great slideshow - 10 Remarkable Women of the Bible.
Our pastor is doing a sermon series on Ruth, and it has really been interesting. I have to admit I usually dwell in the New Testament during my reading time, so every time we study something in the Old Testament I really learn a lot.

***Flying cars? This guy has three!

***
funny horses - 8241816064

***

A little girl climbed up onto her grandfather’s lap and asked, “Did God make me?”
“Yes,” the grandpa replied.
“Did he make you, too?”
“Yes.”
“Well,” the girl said, looking 
at his wrinkles and thinning hair, “he sure is doing a better job nowadays!”

***
The best part of life is when your family becomes your friends and your friends become your family.~~
Robin Roberts, host

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

I'm Baaack!