Heartbreaking

***There is nothing worse than knowing someone you love is lost. Not just lost, but actively mocking your faith. When I see something like that on Facebook, or anywhere else, it just kills me - I know what they're missing, and worse, I know the end result if there is no change of heart in their lives.

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 King James Version (KJV)

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Such wonderful promises. It's hard to express the peace that comes from knowing that our salvation is secure, I wish I could make them see.

***Finishing what we start.


Have you ever read or listened to a Bible verse countless times and then one day you understand it like never before? That happened to me recently at church. It was part of the verse from Hebrews 12:2, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...”
I write professionally, and I often teach aspiring authors at writing conferences. One of the things I’ve seen time and time again is that they want to write books, but they never finish them—so the line about Jesus being not only the author, but the finisher, really stuck out at me. Here’s the thing that really spoke to my soul: If God calls me to do something, and I don’t finish it, that task is either left undone or someone else will get the blessing of finishing it.

More at the link.


*** 

Image result for funny memes


ar ar ar...

***
My ex-wife still misses me. But her aim is steadily improving.


A patient bursts into a doctor’s office, "Doctor, I believe I'm a deck of cards!"

The doctor calmly replies, "Go sit in the waiting room, please, I'll be dealing with you later."
 
 
Never date cross eyed people. They might be seeing somebody on the side!
 
 
I know, I know....groaaaannnn....
 
***Busy day today at Halo! It's taken me all day to blog due to lots of customers. Yay!
 
*** I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.  ~Abraham Lincoln
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

I'm Baaack!