Contrast

***Wow, what a crazy week. I know I whine about being busy a lot, but this week has taken the cake. I have wanted to blog about the State of the Union speech since President Trump gave it, but haven't been able to. I really shouldn't be taking the time now, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Could there have been a more obvious demonstration of the contrast between conservatives and liberals? Trump's speech was positive, uplifting, and reiterated his great love for America. The Democrats were sullen, angry, and childish. I understand them not standing and applauding for policies they disagree with such as keeping Guantantamo open and invoking our motto "In God We Trust." Republicans didn't stand and cheer when Obama talked about keeping abortion easily accessible and taking over America's health care system. However, when they wouldn't even stand and applaud a North Korean who who defected that awful country or a boy who took it upon himself to put wreaths on the graves of veterans, they showed their pettiness and lack of character. I think a lot of America took notice, and I hope their behavior comes back to bite them in the butt in the midterms. Rep. Luis Gutierrez saw fit to walk out when the Republicans started chanting USA! USA! Their true colors were certainly flying Tuesday evening, and they weren't red, white, and blue.

***I'm not sure what to make of this memo that is about to be declassified, but there must really be some damning stuff in it for the Democrats because they are certainly attacking Nunes and trying to downplay the importance of it. It will be interesting to see exactly what is in it.

***This is nuts. There is a high school in Vermont flying the Black Lives Matter flag for Black History Month. Really? Do they really want their students looking up to a domestic terrorist group? They really couldn't find any honorable black people to represent the month?

***
Image result for animal memes


***I asked my daughter if she’d seen my newspaper. She told me that newspapers are old school. She said that people use tablets nowadays and handed me her iPad. The fly didn’t stand a chance.
 
***“My duty, and the sacred duty of every elected official in this chamber, is to defend Americans, to protect their safety, their families, their communities, and their right to the American Dream. Because Americans are dreamers, too.” ~~ President Donald Trump
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

I'm Baaack!