Resilience

***Just happened to see this at the Entrepreneur web site. Very timely, since Chick-fil-A told us no yesterday. We had made it past the first round of questions and sent in our comprehensive application, but apparently there are just too may applicants in this area. Oh well, I hope somebody opens one around here! Anyway, this article is about resilience and what to do when we hear the word "no." Good stuff. What I'd really like to do is the consignment store I keep talking about, I just can't find a suitable storefront. I'll keep looking, though!

***This is amazing. Dick Durbin is pretending to be SO outraged at Donald Trump's language regarding immigrants (which is only documented according to HIM, nobody else, so that makes me question it immediately). Where was he when George W. Bush was being maligned at every turn? Salty language directed toward a conservative is okay, apparently.

***Jeff Bezos donates $33 million to send 1000 Dreamers to college. Hey Jeff, what about legal Americans? Got something against them? Let me hasten to say it's his money and he has a right to spend it how he sees fit, but the hypocrisy of liberals amazes me. They claim to be so concerned about lower income Americans, but go out of their way to help not them, but illegal immigrants.

***
Image result for animal memes

***

A Red, Red Rose

by Robert Burns

My love is like a red, red rose
   That’s newly sprung in June :
My love is like the melody
   That’s sweetly played in tune.
 
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
   So deep in love am I :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
   Till a’ the seas gang dry.
 
Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
   And the rocks melt wi’ the sun :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
   While the sands o’ life shall run.
 
And fare thee weel, my only love,
   And fare thee weel a while !
And I will come again, my love,
   Thou’ it were ten thousand mile.

***Great store names:










More at the link.

***“I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all.”
Alexis de Tocqueville

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Christmas Stuff!

Happy Frigid New Year!