Happy Frigid New Year!

***Wow, hasn't been this cold here in Indiana in several years. It was -14 yesterday, right now it's a balmy 2 degrees. I think it's supposed to get back to normal this weekend. Right now the teens is sounding pretty good!

***I read the neatest thing in my devotional this morning by Oswald Chambers:

The Bible is a relation of facts, the truth of which must be tested. Life may go on all right for a while, when suddenly a bereavement comes, or some crisis; unrequited love or a new love, a disaster, a business collapse, or a shocking sin, and we turn up our Bibles again and God’s word comes straight home, and we say, “Why, I never saw that there before.” Shade of His Hand, 1223 L

It is difficult to relate to an unbeliever the deep-seated comfort and joy that comes with one's salvation. Even when things are awful, and that happens at one time or another to everyone, I have a "peace that passes all understanding." (Phil. 4:7).  That is not a cliche, it's very real.  It's not that I think God's going to work everything out and things are going to be just right, of course that doesn't always happen. I do know that I'm saved by His grace, and absolutely nothing can change that.

And that's my sermon for today. :-)

***Amazing. I don't know how many of you have Twitter accounts, but they have been showing their bias very clearly lately. The most recent example is they temporarily suspended David Clarke's account because he assailed the media. Really? I don't know if you've ever read some of the vile, awful things liberals tweet when a Republican is sick or dies, but if those awful tweets were not suspended, it's hard to imagine why Sheriff Clarke's tweets telling the truth about the painfully obvious media bias were.

***Okay, I'm a Carson Wentz fan now. Apparently some people found his tweet about his Golden Retriever being his hunting buddy offensive. Hello? That's what they're for!! Love his response:

Appreciate that, but offensive and controversial? Two of the main things I tweet about are Jesus and hunting. That’s what I’m passionate about and that won’t ever change! When you love something, you talk about it! Stay convicted about it and don’t worry what others think!

Well played, sir.

***
Image result for memes about cold


***

Jerusalem

by William Blake
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear : O clouds unfold !
Bring me my Chariot of fire.

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green & pleasant Land. 


Not sure what William Blake was getting at there, but I like the poem. :-)

***
Image result for animal memes


***
Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. -- Niels Bohr

Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. Niels Bohr
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/niels_bohr_130288Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. Niels Bohr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

I'm Baaack!