The Problem with Education

***C.S. Lewis was right:

The Abolition of Man, perhaps C. S. Lewis’s most famous book, was published 75 years ago. In that book, Lewis argued that modern educational theories on the subjectivity of knowledge and moral relativism would give us people lacking in character. Those theories continue to flourish throughout American education and are particularly virulent in higher ed. In honor of the anniversary of The Abolition of Man, Bloomsbury Press has published a book of essays on it. In a new Martin Center article, Raleigh-based writer Amanda Shreve reviews it. She writes, 
 
 Lewis’ cautions are even more needed today, as his warnings 75 years ago went largely unheeded. Now we find ourselves in the situation Lewis foresaw — men afraid of making moral judgments; people who will say ‘this is wrong/right for me, but who am I to say it is so for someone else?’ When objective truth is rejected, all foundation for virtue disappears.

The liberalism of our education system is producing people with no moral compass, or if they do have one they are berated as bigots, zealots, or worse. I think this has been the Left's intention all along. It is easy to herd the uninformed and falsely enlightened. The free love, anything goes generation of the 60s has brought us today's Left, a women's movement spearheaded by the likes of Linda Sarsour, domestic terrorism groups like Black Lives Matter, and investigations such as Mueller's money pit regarding Donald Trump and Russian interference, for which absolutely no evidence has turned up in nearly two years. Now he's just fishing for anything he can dig up, which is not the purpose of a special counsel...but that's another argument. Witness all the sex scandals cropping up now. The vast majority are against Democrats, but which ones do you hear about on the news? Yup, the Republicans. Anyway...I said all that to say this, our moral relativism is chipping away at our culture. Kids need to be taught that there is right and wrong.
 
 
In a statement Sunday, a spokesperson for the hospital said "A recently hired IU Health employee tied to troubling posts on social media this weekend is no longer an employee of IU Health," Fox 59 reported.
"Every white woman raises a detriment to society when they raise a son. Someone with the HIGHEST propensity to be a terrorist, rapist, racist, killer, and domestic violence all star. Historically every son you had should be sacrificed to the wolves b___," the tweet read.
  Black "leaders" such as the wretched Al Sharpton and equally wretched Jesse Jackson repeatedly tell black people how they are oppressed and kept down, which is hogwash. We just had a two term black president, for heaven's sake. What do they want?

***I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did. I think we should have more 4 day weekends during the year. :-)

***And now for a "feel good" story...

When I was 12 I babysat this girl for a few years and she would come to me and show me her art, drag me by my wrists and point at the pieces she'd made during the week. Snd she'd be like "do the voice" and I'd put on a sports-announcer olympics-style voice and be like "Such form! This level of coloring! Why I haven't seen such perfection in crayola in a long time. And what is this? Why Jeff, now this is a true risk… it seems she's made … a monochrome pink canvas…. I haven't seen this attempted since winter 1932… and I gotta say, Jeff, it's absolutely splendid" and she'd fall back giggling.
At the end of every night she'd check with me: "Did you really like it?" And I'd say yes and talk about something i noticed and tucked her in.
She was just accepted into 3 major art schools. she wrote me a letter. Inside was a picture from when she was younger. Monochrome pink.
"Thank you," it said, "to somebody who saw the best in me."

***
Top 50 Funniest Memes Collection #humor


***
Lord, bid war's trumpet cease;
Fold the whole earth in peace.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

I'm Baaack!