No Excuses!

***If you think you "can't," check out this guy with Down Syndrome:

John Cronin’s message is simple, “socks, socks and more socks”, but the 21-year-old entrepreneur with Down syndrome and founder of John’s Crazy Socks’ mission is much more powerful; smashing stereotypes of what people with a disability can achieve.
“Down syndrome never holds me back,” John Cronin tells FOX Business. “I love inspiring people.”

“I think there was an assumption on many that this was a quaint, little business, you were doing part time and on the side.  When they find out, in our first year, we are going to do $1.2 to $1.3 million dollars, that makes people sit up,” says Mark X. Cronin. “Which I would suggest is pretty good for a startup.”

Love to see people with that kind of attitude, it's even better when they have a disability that they've overcome.

socks2


***I agree with Rush - Twitter is a sewer. I have an account but only use it to advance my blog. I never actually check my account and read the stuff. I'm closing it this morning. Read Rush's overview, he is absolutely right about it.

MICHAELS: Let’s face it. The Giants are coming off a worse week than Harvey Weinstein —
COLLINSWORTH: (chuckles)
MICHAELS: — and they’re up by 14 points.
COLLINSWORTH: (pause) Only my LA guy comes up with that one.
MICHAELS: Well, you know.
COLLINSWORTH: There you go.
MICHAELS: (chuckling) All you have to do is read the papers.
COLLINSWORTH: (chuckling)
MICHAELS: Any paper.
RUSH: Well, you can imagine what happened. What happened illustrates something that I have thought for a long time and have said so to one degree or another. Twitter is a sewer. Twitter is a repository for the demented and the unhinged. They’re primarily liberals. They are just reprobates. The problem with Twitter is that the Drive-By Media now uses Twitter as a news source. Why? It would be no different than trying to say the callers for any radio talk show happen to be a source and have a reporter assigned to listen to talk shows and take what callers say and make major news out of it. That’s what happens with Twitter.
Now, I happen to know because of things involved with me. We have done, I mean, so much research on Twitter. There was a Stop Rush movement, for example, that was flooding advertisers with bogus threat letters. We found out that it was 10 people using an algorithm that made them appear to be like thousands and thousands and thousands of people. Ten people! Retired college professors, retired librarians, most of them over 50, semiretired or retired, nothing else to do — and they’re just deranged, unhinged leftist I wasn’t. And they can determine… Because the Drive-Bys have accredited that sewer as a primary news source. So Michaels makes this joke and Twitter blows up, and it wasn’t that long until the next sound bite occurred.

You guessed it - Twitter blew up with false outrage by the same people who celebrate when someone like Ronald Reagan or Andrew Breitbart dies. You will see the most filthy, barbaric comments when someone conservative is sick or dies. I really wish Trump would stop with the Twitter comments, by the way. I think it's unpresidential and beneath the office.

***Well, we're obviously doing something right if she doesn't like it.

SACKUR: Let me ask you a simple question, are you proud of are you proud of America today?
FONDA: No! But, I’m proud of the resistance. I’m proud of the people who are turning out in unprecedented numbers and continue and continue over and over and over again to protest what Trump is doing. I’m very proud of them, that core.
Later in the segment, Fonda offered her thoughts on the NFL protests and was asked if she would participate.  She said she would not only participate by getting down on a knee, but she would get down on both knees or on all fours if necessary

Okay, just so  we're clear - you're proud of paid protestors rioting and destroying private property. Got it.

***This was me yesterday evening...

Plum tuckered...


***
The Dragon of Grindly Grun
by Shel Silverstein

I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
I breathe fire as hot as the sun.
When a knight comes to fight
I just toast him on sight,
Like a hot crispy cinnamon bun.

When I see a fair damsel go by,
I just sigh a fiery sigh,
And she'd baked like a 'tater-
I think of her later
With a romantic tear in my eye.

I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
But my lunches aren't very much fun,
For I like my damsels medium rare,
and they always come out well done.

***

The Seasons of Life

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn to not judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.
The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall.
When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.
The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.
The second son said no – it was covered with green buds and full of promise.
The third son disagreed, he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.
The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfilment.
The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but one season in the tree’s life.
He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are – and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life – can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.
If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfilment of your fall.
Don’t judge a life by one difficult season. Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.

***“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”
Max Lucado, He Still Moves Stones 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying/Free Speech

Happy Frigid New Year!

Christmas Stuff!